Welcome to Preschool
ODCS Preschool is a safe and nurturing environment families can trust. Our Preschool is the first choice for parents who want their student to experience learning in a loving, safe, and trusted Christian education environment, as the only Christian preschool that integrates shared values with a full Preschool through K-12 experience.
We're your partner as you seek to shepherd your student's heart.
PRESCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to serve families of preschoolers by partnering with them in the preparation of their child(ren) for their future school experiences. This is accomplished by offering a safe, nurturing, Christ-centered environment that provides play-based experiences that enhance the development of the whole child – Social, Physical, Intellectual, Creative, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Student to teacher ratio = 12:1
- Christian worldview
- Daily Bible and prayer time
- Age-appropriate classrooms and activities
- Daily music and creative movement
- Zoophonics: multi-sensory phonics program
- Parent involvement
- Positive reinforcement to guide behavior
- Staff maintain/exceed the educational requirements of the state licensing regulations and implement content standards
- Assisted drop-off/car line
- Special family events
- Visits to ODCS library & gymnasium
- Outdoor/indoor play spaces specifically for preschool
- Vision checks
- Professional speech and language assessments
- Additional music classes with music teacher
- Extended Care Program
Our curriculum is designed by our professional staff and reflects our belief that children learn best through play. We design our program to involve children in large and small group experiences, as well as individual choice experiences. We work attentively to provide a learning environment that meets Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) and The Ohio Early Learning and Development Standards. Children are introduced to letters, phonics (Zoo-Phonics curriculum), shapes, colors, numbers, and social skills through the use of learning centers, as well as planned group times. A time of prayer and biblical instruction is included in each day’s schedule, as well as time for music class and creative movement. In addition to the indoor activities, we enjoy the use of our courtyard playground (weather permitting), which creates a safe and fun learning environment.
Class ratios are in accordance with state licensing mandates. Our preschool is licensed by the Ohio Department of Education and is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
We offer a variety of half-day or full-day programs for children from three to five years old, as well as an Extended Care program (offered from 3-6pm). The half-day session (8-11am) includes the core preschool program. The full-day session (8am-3pm) includes the core preschool program, a rest time, and additional Learning Center time. All of our morning and full-day classes offer an early drop-off time as early as 7:30am at no additional charge. Our programs coincide with the K-12 ODCS school day schedule and school calendar. Students need to be three years old by August 1 and fully potty trained to attend ODCS. Please decide which program best suits your child.
- Tuesday and Thursday, half or full-day (Not available for Pre-K students)
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, half or full-day (3-5 year olds)
- Monday through Friday, full-day (3-5 year olds)
EXTENDED CARE PROGRAM
This program is designed for use on an occasional or regular basis and is available Monday through Friday as an extension of any full-day session. The Extended Care program is available until 6pm, and the cost is figured in 15-minute increments. Families are charged for this service separate from their preschool tuition. Families will be billed monthly for Extended Care. See Tuition Schedule for current fees.
To apply, the preschool application must be filled out completely and electronically signed by both parents, if applicable. Other forms needed to complete the application are:
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Custody paperwork (if applicable)
- Preschool Application
Forms needed before the first day of school are:
- A current physical (Preschool Medical Statement) as well as an immunization record, signed and dated by your child’s physician.
- Medication Authorization Form (if needed for chronic condition).
Once you have completed the online application, application fee, and submitted a copy of your child’s birth certificate, the Admissions office will be in contact with you. You may contact the Admissions office at (440) 326-2367.
Director of Preschool Operations
440-326-2310 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering Open Door Christian Preschool as the first step in your child's educational journey. We offer hands-on learning experiences in a safe, nurturing, Christ-centered environment. I would love to have a conversation about partnering with you. Give us a call or begin your application today!