BACKGROUND & PHILOSOPHY
Open Door Christian Schools (ODCS) are co-educational preschool through grade 12 college preparatory schools serving Christian families. Governed by a Board of Directors, ODCS is a non-profit, non-denominational institution that was founded in 1976. ODCS is committed to the historic Christian perspective of life as set forth in the Bible, recognizing God as the creator of all things, the Holy Spirit as the convictor of the believer, and the Son of God as Savior of all who believe in Him.
Biblical values matter: It's why ODCS is different, and it's what we're about.
ODCS is committed to the Judeo-Christian ethic and holds that the knowledge of God is the beginning of wisdom; that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant word of God; that fellowship with God is the basis for true fellowship with one another; and that each student is uniquely created by God and is endowed with particular talents. Therefore, our aim is to function as an extension of the home and to nurture each student in his/her development as a whole person: spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially—providing the opportunity to educate for eternity.
DID YOU KNOW?
- ODCS is the largest Christian school from Cleveland to Toledo with an enrollment of over 640 students.
- ODCS offers a comprehensive Bible curriculum, daily Bible class, weekly chapel, and weekly WITH Groups. Every course and activity is taught with a Biblical worldview.
- Technology offerings for upper school students include 1:1 Chromebook access, Mac Lab, green screen, and sound booth for film/media projects. Lower school students have 1:1 access to Chromebooks and iPads, plus each classroom has an interactive whiteboard.
- ODCS Patriot Theatre has received numerous nominations for Dazzle Awards (Northeast Ohio’s musical theatre competition sponsored by Playhouse Square) and has won Best Scenic Design for recent performances.
- ODCS families are from diverse backgrounds.
- Need-based financial assistance for tuition is available for ODCS families.
ODCS implements innovative and exceptional resources that create a 21st-century learning environment by consistently integrating technology into the classroom. Students develop skills in critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity through the use of Chromebooks, iPads, a Robotics lab, interactive whiteboards, and the use of a tech lab for film/media production.